Dear Parents, Students, Teachers, Volunteers/Staff members:
- 本周六 5/6/2017 继续上课。语言班，时间 9：15am – 11：00am; 课外活动班上课，时间11：10am – 12:00pm 或 12：55pm。
Just kindly remind you that RACL will resume all activities on Saturday，5/6/2017. All Chinese Language Classes will start from 9:15am to 11:00am. All activity classes will start from 11:10am to either 12:00pm or 12:55pm.
- Seminar RACL PTA 5/6 特邀讲座：家庭常用保险购买和理赔的常见问题
主讲人：沈脂红 (Grace Shen, MBA，本地著名保险专家)
- 2017 RACL General Election now accepts nominations until 5/7/2017
Dear RACL members and parents,
RACL School Board has proposed to have annual General Election on 05/13/2017 (Sat). The Election Committee consists of three members: Jianping Yang, Xin Fang, Steve Chen. The committee now accepts nominations until 05/07/2017(Sunday), 11:59pm.
Available official positions of academic year 2017-2018:
Parent Committee (PTA) Chairperson
Three new Board Members
Procedures of the nomination and election:
- Call for nomination until 05/07/2017
- Contact the candidates for the willingness and availability
- Conduct the candidate reviews and recommendations by RACL Board
- Post candidates’ running statements to general members
- Final election on 05/13/2017
Now, it is your time to nominate and elect your favored candidates to be school executive officers and school board members. To qualify to nominate any RACL candidate or to be nominated, you must be a RACL member. Once again, send your nomination to email@example.com before May 7, 2017, 11:59pm.
The purposes of RACL are to promote the teaching and learning of the Chinese language, history and culture, to promote mutual understanding and friendship among students, and to promote Sino-America cultural exchange.
RACL is staffed by many many parent volunteers since 1995 and many more years to come. We are seeking parents who are willing to volunteer their talents, time and passion to take RACL to the next level. In addition to serve as board or the elected position, there are still many other opportunities for volunteering at RACL. We appreciate your help to RACL on behalf of our students and parents.
Jianping Yang, Xin Fang, Steve Chen
RACL 2017 Election Committee
- Announcement of “洛丽汉语学校（RACL）2017暑假 “给予爱”[美国华裔高中生农村中学初中支教活动]”
Dear Students and Parents who applied for the “支教活动”,
The application and review for “洛丽汉语学校（RACL）2017暑假 “给予爱”[美国华裔高中生农村中学初中支教活动]” has been closed; The interview notification has been sent to individual students and parents who applied for the “支教活动”. The final volunteer names will be announced shortly after the interview.
Event: Interview student volunteers
Date: Saturday, May 6, 2017
Time: 10am to 12pm
Address: Building B, Apex Middle School, 400 E Moore St, Apex, NC 27502
- RACL Annual Picnic at Pullen Park on Sunday 5/21/2017
Dear RACL families and friends:
Instead of Camping, RACL will host our Annual Picnic event at Pullen Park (Please pay attention to the location change, NOT Jordan Lake, NOT Falls Lake) on Sunday, 5/21/2017, the first day of RACL summer break for the Year 2017.
10:30am-3:00pm; Start to serve food at 12:00.
Picnic Shelter 2 and 3
Address: 408 Ashe Ave, Raleigh, NC 27606
Phone: (919) 996-6468
For detail of Pullen Park, please visit:
For Pullen Amusements Map (including parking) and Special Parking Information please see attached files.
The program for the picnic consists of
- Riding bicycles
- Playing with dogs
- Live Prize Drawings
- Eating with yummy BBQ etc food
- And many more …
Pullen Park Rides: Pullen Park Carousel, Kiddie boats, Pedal boats, C.P. Huntington Train
Playgrounds: Swing Area, School Age Climb and Slide, Sand & Water Play, Preschool Play
Tennis Courts (first come, first serve)
RACL will provide food, fruit and drink. If you plan to attend, please register at
with the following information: Name, Email, Phone Number, Number of Total People, and Number of Kids under 5.
To help us better serve food and drinks, as always, we will collect a flat fee of $5 per person, but young kids (5 years old and under) are Free.
You may start to pay the lunch fee in the next 3 weeks (5/6, 5/13, 5/20) at RACL.
You may find 2014 Camping pictures at
You may find 2015 Camping pictures at
You may also find 2016 Camping pictures at
Hope to see more families coming and joining the fun with us on 5/21/2017!
on behalf of
2016 RACL Camping Organizing Committee
- 2017 Raleigh Academy of Chinese Language (RACL) Summer Camp
July 31st – August 4th, 2017
Building B, Apex Middle School, 400 E Moore St, Apex, NC 27502
Registration online at https://goo.gl/forms/X2sZFK1V9jz4bk1m2
- SAT Class for Rising 7th Graders
- SAT and ACT Preparation Class for Grades 9-11
- College Admissions Essay Workshop for Rising 12th Graders to Prepare for the College Admission Applications
RACL will offer a week-long Summer Camp. The Camp is tentatively set as below and subject to change.
The slots are limited, please register you student as soon as possible. First come, first served!
Period: 7/31-8/4, 2017
Hours: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (lunch break 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM) daily
Drop-off time: 9:00 AM; Pick-up time: 4:00 PM
Location: Building B, Apex Middle School, 400 E Moore St, Apex, NC 27502
Lunch: Students should bring their own lunches.
Summer camp classes (each class detail description and introduction to instructor will be provided later):
- SAT Class for Rising 7th Graders. The purpose is to help rising 7th graders prepare for the SAT test for programs such as the Duke University Talent Identification Program (TIP) and the Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY). It is mainly focused on rising 7th graders; rising 6th and 8th graders are welcome too and they will also benefit from the Class. Will be taught by several NCSSM high-school students who have done very well on the SAT tests (>2300).
- SAT and ACT Preparation Class for Grades 9-11. Students to Prepare for the Reading and Writing (Grammar) Sections. Will be taught by Blair Yarborough, 7th Grade Language Arts Teacher, Daniels Global Studies Magnet Middle School.
- College Admissions Essay Workshop for Rising 12th Graders to Prepare for the College Admission Applications. The Workshop is mainly focused on rising 12th graders; rising 11th and 10th graders are welcome too and they will also benefit from the workshop. Will be taught by a teacher of the RACL Activity SAT English Class.
Registration fee: Free
Tuition: $220 for SAT Class for Rising 7th Graders; $280 for SAT and ACT Preparation Class for Grades 9-11; $280 for College Admissions Essay Workshop for Rising 12th Graders to Prepare for the College Admission Applications.
Registration method: online at https://goo.gl/forms/X2sZFK1V9jz4bk1m2
Payment method: Please make check payable to Raleigh Academy of Chinese Language. Pay in office or mail to:
Attn: Summer Camp, RACL, P. O. Box 50375, Raleigh, NC 27560-6375
Refund: Refund 100% tuition if requested 4 weeks before the summer camp, 50% if requested the first day of the camp. No refund after first day of camp. 退 款 办 法：开课前四周申请退费，学费100％退还。开课第一天申请退费， 学费50％退还。开课第二天申请退费，学费恕不退还。
RACL Summer Camp Committee
RACL 2016-2017 校长
代表 RACL 学校执行委员会