Dear members and friends,
CAFA Visa Committee plans to offer two visa services this weekend, Feb 11&12. Here is information on time and location:
TIME: 10:00-11:00am, Saturday, Feb 11
PLACE: Apex Middle School, Building B, 400 East Moore St., Apex, NC 27502
TIME: 12:30-2:00pm, Sunday, Feb 12
PLACE: Gerrard Hall of UNC Chapel Hill, 116 E. Cameron Ave Chapel Hill, NC 27514
To apply the 10-year China visa, please read the following and get required documents ready.
1. A filled visa application form. Please fill out the official China Visa Application Form online (Visa Application Form<http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/fd/W020130830801798289342.pdf>) and then print it out and sign it. It is important that you fill out the form using a computer. China Embassy no longer accepts any hand written visa application forms. If you are not able to show Chinese characters, you need to install East Asian fonts.
2. Your passport – It should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank “Visa” pages. For single entry or double entry visa, your first entry date to China must be within 3 months of your application date. For any multiple-entry visa, you can use it to enter China any time before it expires.
3. One photo – a recently-taken color passport photo (33mm x 48mm) against a white background. For photo requirement details, please check out China Embassy link: Photo Requirement Specification<http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/zyxx/P020161206204655391310.jpg>. Please note that the passport photos taken from shops such as CVS or Walgreen are for US passports and no longer meet the requirements for China Visa.
4. Two copies of your passport photo page.
5. Invitation Letter issued by a Chinese citizen or a foreign citizen with a Chinese permanent residence permit who lives in China. The invitation letter should contain:
A. Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
B. Information on the visit (purpose of visit, arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, relations between the applicant and the inviting individual, financial source for expenditures)
C. Information on the inviting individual (name, contact number, address, signature etc.)
D. Invitation letter without signature cannot be accepted.
6. Photocopy of Chinese ID (both sides of the ID) or foreign passport and permanent residence permit of the inviting individual living in China.
7. If you don’t have an invitation letter, you can choose to provide a copy of your flight ticket plus a copy of hotel reservation in China.
8. For people under 18, please provide a copy of birth certificate regardless of whether he/she obtained visa before. Also, please provide a copy of ID (passport photo page) of a parent who signs the application form. If the parent doesn’t hold a US passport, please provide a copy of Green card.
9. If you have a new passport and obtained a Chinese visa before, please provide a copy of your old passport photo page and a copy of most recent Chinese visa.
10. Please bring a copy of a contact information sheet CAFA Visa Services Registration From<http://www.cafanc.org/visa/register/CAFA_Visa_Services_Registration_From.pdf> that will help CAFA in managing passport collecting and returning services
11. Fee payment – Please note that this service is made possible because of CAFA volunteers. Our service personals are all volunteers who have regular jobs and use their spare time to help out our community. Their time and efforts are not compensated monetarily. This is why CAFA is able to offer the lowest fees possible for this service. The total fee for a China 10-year visa is $170 for CAFA members or $175 for non-members. Please make check payable to CAFA. If you are not an active CAFA member currently and is interested in joining or renewing, online (http://www.cafanc.org/membership/register.html) or on-site membership service is available.
12. For documents required for Business or other types of visa (work, study, transit), please check: http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/hrsq/
For questions, please call 919-518-6972 or 919-609-9743, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
CAFA Visa/Passport Service Committee